Integral Group is Proud to Support International Women in Engineering Day
Integral Group is proud to support International Women in Engineering Day (IWED) on the June 23, 2018 to raise awareness about the engineering industry in order to attract a more diverse team. Women are an underrepresented minority in engineering, and campaigns supporting the growth of this segment in the industry are helping yield positive results, as a gender balanced workplace has proven benefits. A priority for our firm, women in engineering have been high on the agenda within the company in current years and we are proud to have achieved the following:
- Currently 30% of Integral Group’s firm wide staff are female (includes support and corporate roles).
- 24% of all Integral Group’s technical staff are female (excludes support and corporate roles) an increase from 18% in 2016.
- The industry average for female technical staff at engineering firms is 9%.
Further initiatives over the past year include:
- A ‘’Girls in Engineering’ group was formed to encourage and support female staff in presenting to secondary school children and attending careers events.
- Increasing the opportunity for equally qualified women to access job opportunities with Elementa Consulting and Integral Group. Our hiring process now requires a female candidate to have been interviewed for each role unless none can be found within a month of posting.
- Members of female staff attended an ‘Impact and Influence’ seminar by the Society of Women Engineers
As ever, we strive to improve on our achievements by maintaining and improving the percentage of female technical staff above the national average. In celebration of our female colleagues, we are proud to share photos of our female team that help make Integral Group a great place to work.
About International Women in Engineering Day (INWED)
INWED is an annual event developed and coordinated by the Women’s Engineering Society (WES) to celebrate the achievements of women in engineering and inspire younger generations. INWED began as a national celebration in 2014, but after much international interest, the day became a global celebration for the first time in 2017. It takes place on June 23 – the date of the foundation of WES in 1919. For more details, please visit International Women in Engineering Day.
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Calgary, AB
- London, UK
- Los Angeles, CA
- Oakland, CA
- Oxford, UK
- Richmond, VA
- San Jose, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Sydney, Australia
- Toronto, ON
- Vancouver, BC
- Victoria, BC
- Washington, DC